March 29 – 31, 2023
2023 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
March 29-31, 2023 – Little Rock
We invite you to submit a proposal for the 2022 NASW Arkansas Annual Conference. This will be our 43rd Annual Conference and we are looking forward to the opportunity to network and learn with peers across the state. Invited sessions for the 2023 conference will cover micro, mezzo, and macro areas of social work practice.
Submissions must be evidence-based and focused on best practices and skill building for social work. Proposals should include adequate information for evaluation through a double blind peer-review process. We are seeking proposals in all social work practice areas: micro, mezzo, and macro. We have a limited number of presentation spots available, so please submit early.
Submissions should fall under one of the following social work practice areas:
- Aging & Disabilities
- Behavioral & Mental Health
- Child, Family & Schools
- Community, Policy, and Administration
- Health & Medical
- Professional & Career
- Social Work Education
Submissions are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Proposal is grounded in social work theory or practice base, and is timely and relevant to current practice approaches.
- Proposal lists at least 3 clearly stated learning objectives.
- Learning objectives are attainable in amount of time requested.
- Provides opportunities for attendees to develop competency and build/enhance practice skills.
- Speaker is knowledgeable about topic and lists applicable tools/techniques that will be utilized in presentation.
- Incorporates NASW Standards of Practice, NASW Clinical Indicators, and/or policies from Social Work Speaks where applicable.
- Proposal is professionally formatted (logical, well organized, free of grammatical and typographical errors).
Completed proposals may be submitted in either of the following two ways:
- Download the Proposal Cover Sheet (Word doc) below. Complete the form and attach it to your proposal and submit via email and in Word format ONLY (PDFs will NOT be considered). The Proposal Cover Sheet provided must accompany your proposal and the cover sheet and proposal must be in Word format. Email proposals to email@example.com by December 15, 2022.
- OR fully complete the Google form linked below for submissions by December 15, 2022.
Thank You to our 2022 Sponsors & Exhibitors
Arkansas State University Social Work Department
Arkansas Therapist Connection
Bradford Health Services
Care IV Home Health
Compass Intervention Center
Conway Behavioral Health
DHS – Choices in Living Resource Center
Dynamic Integrated Services
Finnegan Health Services
First Step, Inc.
Lakeland Behavioral Health System
Methodist Family Health
Oasis Renewal Center / Recovery Centers of Arkansas
Piney Ridge Treatment Center
Quapaw House, Inc.
Senior Placement Services / Living Solutions
Synergy HomeCare of Little Rock
Teachers College Press
Telecommunications Access Program/ARS
The Centers for Youth & Families
The Electronic Caregiver
UA Little Rock School of Social Work
Unity Behavioral Health
White River Health Systems – Behavioral Health
Youth Home Inc. / Behavioral Health Services of Arkansas